The corona virus has the world in its grip, causing the government to take measures. The safety of our residents and colleagues is our main priority right now. This means we are taking measures of our own to safeguard the health of both our residents and colleagues. Below you’ll find an overview of the measures we have taken so far, information about financial matters and what you can do to minimize the spreading of COVID-19.
- Temporary closing of certain public spaces;
- Allowing a maximum of 4 residents on the rooftop sports field at a time;
- Allowing 1 student per table in the (large) study room;
- Extra cleaning of door handles and water taps, among others;
- Our reception desks have hand sanitizer and rubber gloves you can use to touch door handles and elevator buttons for example;
- Only necessary repairs will be carried out, as to limit the risk of the people carrying out repairs catching COVID-19 and spreading it;
- The entrance doors of the complex can only be opened with you tag, as to minimize the entering of third parties;
- To limit the risk of contamination, most of our appointments on location will take place in a different form, such as over the phone. Are you moving out or did you have another appointment with us? We will contact you about how this meeting will take place;
- We monitor the distance residents keep from one another in the common areas and will bring it to their attention when the 1,5m are not kept.
We understand that the situation around COVID-19 can mean you financial situation is temporarily altered. Does this pose a problem in your ability to pay your rent? Contact us. That way, we can find a solution that is tailored to your specific situation, together.
Additionally, you can also use the loan options at DUO and (temporarily) increase your loan. You can also apply for a tuition credit, this can be arranged via myDUO. Is this insufficient? Then you can contact DUO for a customized solution.
If you have contracted the virus, or suspect to have contracted it, please follow the following steps:
- Place yourself in home quarantine – this means total isolation – for at least 2 weeks;
- Let us know. We can help you wherever possible, like getting your groceries/medicine delivered to your studio so you won’t have to go outside;
- Your neigbors in the Facebook group can help too, with your shopping, laundry or mail;
- Keep us informed of your situation and what we can do to help;
- You can go out again if you have not experienced any symptoms for at least 24 hours. This means no fever, no cold and no cough. Make sure you stay extra careful around others.
Together we can make a real difference in protecting residents from COVID-19. Here's what you can do:
- Wash your hands regularly, use paper tissues and cough and sneeze into your inner elbow;
- Take the stairs whenever possible: that way you avoid small spaces where you’ll be in close contact;
- Keep a safe distance of at least 1,5m from others;
- Move your appointments/drinks/social calls to online platforms;
- Share your creativity: do you have a good idea for something we can do for residents? Let us know! From trickshot tutorials to combat boredom to a grocery shopping service for your neighbors – if we can help we will, and could even share it in our next newsletter with all residents.
Are you a resident of one of our locations? Join the location's private Facebook group. It's an easy way to stay in touch with neighbors and ask for help should you need it. The current situation is bringing about great initiatives to help one another, like with grocery shopping.
Please note: this private group is a communications platform for residents only. Do you have a question for Student Experience? Please contact us by e-mail or telephone.
In these uncertain times we are doing our utmost to keep you informed of our measures to keep residents and our team safe. Do you have questions and/or suggestions? Or do you have a great idea you'd like to share with Student Experience? Let us know by sending us an e-mail or calling us. It might take us a little longer than usual to get back to you, but we are doing everything we can to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.
In times of need, finding ways to make a positive impact is essential. We are looking out for:
- our residents by augmenting the frequency of cleaning of public spaces to several times a day and providing sanitizing stations;
- our team at home by making sure they have what they need to work from home comfortably. That way, they can help our residents best;
- our colleagues on location by making sure they can do their job safely. That way, even in times like these, we are able to provide on-site assistance 24/7.
- our neighbors at nursing home Vreugdehof by delivering tulips to all their residents, who can't receive visitors at this time, and their amazing care staff.
- everyone by working with one of our resident to livestream workouts through our Instagram.
Do you have a good idea for something we can do together to make a positive difference?
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's see where we can make magic happen!