The corona virus has the world in its grip, causing the government to take measures. The safety of our residents and colleagues is our main priority right now. This means we are taking measures of our own to safeguard the health of both our residents and colleagues. Below you’ll find an overview of the measures we have taken so far, information about financial matters and what you can do to minimize the spreading of COVID-19.
Travellers arriving in the Netherlands from certain countries and regions are strongly advised to self-quarantine for 10 days. You can arrange to get tested for coronavirus on the 5th day after your arrival, even if you don’t have any symptoms. If the test shows you do not have coronavirus, you can end your self-quarantine.
You can find all the information on the website of our goverment.
Student Experience expects residents to act responsibly and to self-isolate in accordance with the recommendations from the Government of the Netherlands.
Please let us know if you have to go into self-isolate. We can help you wherever possible, like getting your groceries/medicine delivered to your studio so you won’t have to go outside.
What to arrange before arriving by plane?
If you arrive at Schiphol or another airport you may be invited to get tested at the airport; however, you will still need to self-quarantine. Please follow the guidance provided at the airport.
When you arrive in the Netherlands you can travel to the city of Amsterdam using public transport or a taxi. In both cases you need to wear a (non-medical) face mask and keep 1.5 metres distance from other people.
For coronavirus-related questions you can call the government's corona information line on 0800-1351 (from the Netherlands). From abroad you can call 00312 0205 1351.
Please check the government websites regularly for up-to-date information.
More information about the current situation in the Netherlands you can find in the links below:
RIVM (National Institute for Public Health and the Environment)
- Allowing a maximum of 4 residents on the rooftop sports field and a maximum of 10 residents on the rooftop at a time.
- Allowing a maximum of 2 residents in the dining room.
- Allowing 1 resident per table in the (large) study room.
- Allowing a maximum of 2 persons per picknick table in the garden.
- Allowing a maximum of 20 residents in the lounge.
- The lounge, game corner and dining room are closed every day between 22:00 and 08:00.
- The study area is open 24/7.
- The gym at Amsterdam Minervahaven is permanently closed until further notice.
- Organizing meetings in the lounge or at other places in the complex is not allowed.
- You may invite a maximum of 1 person per day to your studio, provided that a distance of 1.5 meters can be kept.
- The lounge is reserved for residents only, visitors are not allowed to sit in the lounge for a longer period of time.
- We reserve the right to close any space where the maximum number of persons or the space between persons is not respected.
- Extra cleaning of door handles and water taps, among others.
- Our reception desks have hand sanitizer that can be used by foot to clean your hands.
- Only necessary repairs will be carried out, as to limit the risk of the people carrying out repairs catching COVID-19 and spreading it.
- Duty managers wearing a mouth mask during contact moments with a resident such as necessary repairs in a studio.
- The entrance doors of the complex can only be opened with you tag, as to minimize the entering of third parties.
- To limit the risk of contamination, most of our appointments on location will take place in a different form, such as over the phone. Are you moving out or did you have another appointment with us? We will contact you about how this meeting will take place.
- We monitor the distance residents keep from one another in the common areas and will bring it to their attention when the 1,5m are not kept.
If you have contracted the virus, or suspect to have contracted it, please follow the following steps:
- Place yourself in home quarantine – this means total isolation – for at least 2 weeks.
- Let us know. We can help you wherever possible, like getting your groceries/medicine delivered to your studio so you won’t have to go outside.
- Your neigbors in the Facebook group can help too, with your shopping, laundry or mail.
- Keep us informed of your situation and what we can do to help.
- You can go out again if you have not experienced any symptoms for at least 24 hours. This means no fever, no cold and no cough. Make sure you stay extra careful around others.
Together we can make a real difference in protecting residents from COVID-19. Here's what you can do:
- Wash your hands regularly, use paper tissues and cough and sneeze into your inner elbow.
- Take the stairs whenever possible: that way you avoid small spaces where you’ll be in close contact.
- Keep a safe distance of at least 1,5m from others.
- Move your appointments/drinks/social calls to online platforms.
- Share your creativity: do you have a good idea for something we can do for residents? Let us know! From trickshot tutorials to combat boredom to a grocery shopping service for your neighbors – if we can help we will, and could even share it in our next newsletter with all residents.
We understand that the situation around COVID-19 can mean you financial situation is temporarily altered. Does this pose a problem in your ability to pay your rent? Contact us. That way, we can find a solution that is tailored to your specific situation, together.
Additionally, you can also use the loan options at DUO and (temporarily) increase your loan. You can also apply for a tuition credit, this can be arranged via myDUO. Is this insufficient? Then you can contact DUO for a customized solution.
Are you a resident of one of our locations? Join the location's private Facebook group. It's an easy way to stay in touch with neighbors and ask for help should you need it. The current situation is bringing about great initiatives to help one another, like with grocery shopping.
Please note: this private group is a communications platform for residents only. Do you have a question for Student Experience? Please contact us by e-mail or telephone.
In these uncertain times we are doing our utmost to keep you informed of our measures to keep residents and our team safe. Do you have questions and/or suggestions? Or do you have a great idea you'd like to share with Student Experience? Let us know by sending us an e-mail or calling us. It might take us a little longer than usual to get back to you, but we are doing everything we can to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.
In times of need, finding ways to make a positive impact is essential. We are looking out for:
- Our residents by augmenting the frequency of cleaning of public spaces to several times a day and providing sanitizing stations.
- Our team at home by making sure they have what they need to work from home comfortably. That way, they can help our residents best.
- Our colleagues on location by making sure they can do their job safely. That way, even in times like these, we are able to provide on-site assistance 24/7.
Do you have a good idea for something we can do together to make a positive difference?
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's see where we can make magic happen!