Are you 23 years or older? You may be eligible for housing allowance from the tax authorities. This is a government subsidy for people with a lower income. There are a few conditions for this, which we will explain below.
- You are 23 years or older
- The allowance is approximately €245,- each month
- Only possible for independent living space (this is the case at Amsterdam Zuidas, Amstel and NDSM, but not Minervahaven).
Students younger than 23 years living at Student Experience cannot request housing allowance. According to the tax authorities the rent (for persons younger than 23) may not be higher than € 425,- per month in order to be eligible for housing allowance.
Do you want to know how much housing allowance you are entitled to? You can conduct a test calculation for this. This can be done directly with the Tax authorities by clicking here.
When calculating the rent allowance, you must keep the basic rent.
In addition, there are eligible service costs that you can specify when applying for housing benefit. Eligible service costs are parts of the service costs that you may include in the calculation of your rent allowance. There is a maximum amount of €12 per part.
The eligible service costs at Student Experience are:
- Cleaning costs for common areas;
- Energy costs for common areas (35% of total energy costs);
- Caretaker costs.