5 easy ways to show kindness
World Kindness Day is celebrated annually on November 13th. Created in 1998 by the World Kindness Movement, this day aims to connect people regardless of age, religion, race or gender. A great initiative that everyone can contribute to in a simple way. Will you join?
Although this day is of course mainly dominated by selflessness, all that kindness also pays off for you. Research shows that there is a link between happiness and kindness. Doing something good for someone else stimulates your production of serotonin, the happiness hormone. And guess what? People who are happy are also more likely to be kind to others. Win-win!
Kindness can be shown in the little things and is often easier than you think:
- Smile at passers-by, the cashier or bus driver
- Get up for someone else on the metro, bus or train
- Give someone a heartfelt compliment
- Buy the newspaper of the homeless guy
- Surprise your parents, friends or neighbors with a (handwritten) card
On December 14th and 15th we are organizing a Wrapping Party to do something extra for the residents of nursing home Vreugdehof. Keep an eye on your email and the What's going on page on the website for more information.